News & Announcements:
Registration is now open for the 2020 Winter Conference!!!
Sign up to receive HSTEA updates through remind.com
Text to this number: 81010
with the message: @gahste
(Or you may send an e-mail to: email@example.com)
or email Sandra Martin - firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you find our web site useful. You will find many features and resources here BUT this is just the beginning of building an even better resource for you. HSTEA serves as your network to HSTE professionals. There are scores of seasoned teachers eager to share.
HSTEA provides a voice and keeps us informed of upcoming political challenges and legislative issues affecting our jobs. Examples are funding like Perkins and extended day requirements. Please find ACTE among the important Links and Join Today.
Our Mission: To serve as a resource and network for Healthcare Science Technology Educators in Georgia so that they may have a positive impact on “Building the Future of Healthcare."
|REASONS TO JOIN HSTEA, YOUR DIVISION OF GACTE/ACTE
- Advocacy - become part of a collective voice to influence the issues and policies that affect career and technical education.
- Networking - exchange teaching tips and techniques to improve instructional strategies and share resources with your colleagues.
- Professional Development - participate in training at the local, state, and national levels by attending conferences, policy seminars and trade shows.
- Awards - Receive local, state, and national recognition for outstanding programs and performance.
- Publications - receive member-only discounts on professional products and publications which provide up-to-date information on current issues affecting career and technical education.
- National Representation - make a difference by electing representatives to national and state boards promoting the interests of career and technical education.
|JOIN HSTEA (YOUR DIVISION OF GACTE/ACTE) & BENEFIT
Permission granted by GACTE to use the following
HSTEA aligns with the mission of GACTE which is to provide educational leadership in developing a competitive workforce ( in the medical fields) by providing opportunities for:
- Professional Development - encouraging career development, professional involvement and leadership among the membership;
- Program Improvement - fostering excellence in career and technical education;
- Policy Development - advocating state public policy to benefit career and technical education;
- Public Relations - promoting career and technical education to the general public and business/industry;
- Student Leadership - providing opportunities for student success in developing leadership and workforce skills;
- Unification - uniting career and technical education interests of GACTE with GaDOE, TCSG, BOR, other state agencies and business/industry.
"We change the WORLD when we SIMPLY meet the NEEDS of another" ~ Kristen Welch