TIME to Nominate!!
Happy Spring to all!!
Guidines and directions are listed there.
Completed applications are due to Lynne Clarke by April 14th.
The nominations will be judged by the HSTEA Awards Committee and then our division nominees in each category will move on to compete with other divisions for the state honors.
The categories are:
Postsecondary Teacher of the Year
Administrator of the Year
New Teacher of the Year
Teacher of the Year
Career Guidance Award
Carl Perkins Outstanding Service Award
Policymaker of the Year
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions! I look forward to seeing you all at GACTE!
Lynne Clarke, Ed.D., RN
204 Marshall St., Graniteville, SC 29829
News & Announcements:
Visit the Events page to complete the Winter Conference Survey
Please be aware of the NEW form called New Teacher Snapshot found if you click below at "Mentor Teacher Contact". Several Regions still need mentors. Please contact any board member or the region Vice-President so that mentors may be posted on their region pages!
Sign up to receive HSTEA updates through remind.com
text to this number: 81010
with the message
or send an e-mail
MENTORS can be found on Region pages!
How Should We Prepare Students for Health Care Careers? Click here to read this article recommended by our President.
New Teacher Information 2014-2015
Click to download the form for a Mentor Teacher Contact
We hope you find our web site useful. You will find many features and resources here BUT this is just the beginning of building an even better resource for you. HSTEA serves as your network to HSTE professionals. There are scores of seasoned teachers eager to share.
HSTEA provides a voice and keeps us informed of upcoming political challenges and legislative issues affecting our jobs. Examples are funding like Perkins and extended day requirements. Please find ACTE among the important Links and Join Today.
Our Mission: To serve as a resource and network for Healthcare Science Technology Educators in Georgia so that they may have a positive impact on “Building the Future of Healthcare."
|REASONS TO JOIN HSTEA, YOUR DIVISION OF GACTE/ACTE
- Advocacy - become part of a collective voice to influence the issues and policies that affect career and technical education.
- Networking - exchange teaching tips and techniques to improve instructional strategies and share resources with your colleagues.
- Professional Development - participate in training at the local, state, and national levels by attending conferences, policy seminars and trade shows.
- Awards - Receive local, state, and national recognition for outstanding programs and performance.
- Publications - receive member-only discounts on professional products and publications which provide up-to-date information on current issues affecting career and technical education.
- National Representation - make a difference by electing representatives to national and state boards promoting the interests of career and technical education.
|JOIN HSTEA (YOUR DIVISION OF GACTE/ACTE) & BENEFIT
Permission granted by GACTE to use the following
HSTEA aligns with the mission of GACTE which is to provide educational leadership in developing a competitive workforce ( in the medical fields) by providing opportunities for:
- Professional Development - encouraging career development, professional involvement and leadership among the membership;
- Program Improvement - fostering excellence in career and technical education;
- Policy Development - advocating state public policy to benefit career and technical education;
- Public Relations - promoting career and technical education to the general public and business/industry;
- Student Leadership - providing opportunities for student success in developing leadership and workforce skills;
- Unification - uniting career and technical education interests of GACTE with GaDOE, TCSG, BOR, other state agencies and business/industry.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" Nelson Mandela